EMAIL THE BEEKEEPER
[Beesweb] April 2010 Newsletter - Richard Thompson
4/3/2010 (updated 4/3/2010)

From: beesweb@list.richardthompson-music.com
Subject: [Beesweb] April 2010 Newsletter - Richard Thompson
Date: April 3, 2010 10:50:30 AM GMT-07:00
To: beesweb@list.richardthompson-music.com

From: beekeeper@richardthompson-music.com
THE LONG-AWAITED RICHARD THOMPSON SONGBOOK SERIES IS HERE!

The 3 volume set contains a total of 157 songs published between 1968 and 2008, many with guitar TAB and notation.

Volume One (51 songs) covers 1968 through 1981, from when Richard left school and played with Fairport Convention, through his partnership with Linda Thompson.
Volume Two (52 songs) covers 1982 through 1996, including recordings on Hannibal, Polygram, Capitol Records, and many side projects.
Volume Three (54 songs) covers 1997 through 2008, including recordings on Capitol Records, releases on independent labels, and additional side projects.

Pre-order from Beesweb Merchandise Stores beginning April 3, 2010.
Volumes are available individually or as a set, and will ship on June 10, 2010.
In addition, a limited number of "Premium Sets" are available for early shipping on May 20, 2010.

The "Premium Sets" will be packaged in a custom slipcase, autographed and numbered by Richard!

"Premium Sets" ordered by April 15, 2010 can be personalized by Richard!

Complete song lists by volume are available at: http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=1182

RICHARD THOMPSON APPOINTED ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF SOUTHBANK CENTRE'S MELTDOWN FESTIVAL IN 2010

11-20 June 2010, Southbank Centre

SOUTHBANK CENTRE announces that RICHARD THOMPSON will be the ARTISTIC DIRECTOR of the 17th MELTDOWN festival in 2010, taking place in the concert halls and spaces of London's most celebrated riverside arts centre, including Royal Festival Hall and Queen Elizabeth Hall.

With the full line-up for the annual festival still to be announced, the possibilities as to what Richard Thompson might select or choose to perform himself are highly intriguing.

Meltdown performance schedules are expected to be announced by the Southbank Centre next week.

RICHARD THOMPSON, the 16th Director of Southbank Centre's Meltdown, said:

"I am very excited to be hosting this year's Meltdown Festival at the South Bank. The wide-ranging programme reflects many of my interests and influences across many musical, visual and literary styles, and should provide some unique moments, unusual collaborations and juxtapositions. All this in the place where I saw my first concert in 1961-such an honour!"

Please check http://www.richardthompson-music.com for announcements of festival schedule.

RICHARD THOMPSON KICKS OFF 'GREAT GUITARS' SERIES AT THE GRAMMY MUSEUM

LOS ANGELES - On March 17, 2010, The GRAMMY Museum hosted guitar virtuoso and British folk rock icon Richard Thompson. Thompson will kick off the Museum's new "Great Guitars" series, which will regularly feature innovators, masters and thinkers around the art of guitar playing for discussion and performance.

"We are incredibly fortunate to be able to launch this new series with one of the world's most esteemed and phenomenal guitarists," said Robert Santelli, Executive Director of The GRAMMY Museum. "Richard Thompson is in a class by himself, responsible for original and ground-breaking ideas and themes to the world of rock and roots guitar."

Photos and article available at: http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=1166

NEW RICHARD THOMPSON TOUR DATES

Richard will be re- joining Loudon Wainwright III in April for six additional co-headline 'Loud and Rich' dates in the US Midwest/Southeast:

Iowa City, IA
Englert Civic Theatre

St. Paul, MN
Fitzgerald Theater

Stoughton, WI
Stoughton Opera House

Glen Ellyn, IL
McAninch Arts Center

Charlotte, NC
Knight Theater

Atlanta, GA
Variety Playhouse

Additional dates, including some on the Summer Festival circuit, are available at: http://www.richardthompson-music.com//tour.asp

RICHARD THOMPSON NEW 'LIVE' BAND ALBUM RECORDED

Michael Jerome (drums)
Taras Prodaniuk (bass)
Pete Zorn (multi-instruments, background vocals)
Joel Zifkin (violin)
Eight US West Coast shows were recorded in February for a new 'live' band album, with a scheduled release in August 2009.

These performances were part of a special RT tour with a full band performing brand-new, never heard before material, recorded live at the show for inclusion on Richard's upcoming CD. This process is a rarity in today's music scene, where artists typically spend weeks or months in the studio recording new material.

Read Q&A regarding tour at: http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=1168

Thank you for your continued support.
The Beekeeper

www.richardthompson-music.com
www.myspace.com/richardthompsonrt
www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Thompson-RT/76253777286

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE! Please address correspondence to: beekeeper@richardthompson-music.com

You've received this email because you've subscribed to the RT News by Email service. If you've been forwarded this email by a friend, please note: Fans wishing to sign-up for this email newsletter should sign our guestbook at www.richardthompson-music.com. If your email address has changed, please sign our guestbook again, provide your old address in the 'Other Comments' section, and ask us to delete it.